Templating / Preparation Prior To Templating
Templating And Installation
Viewing And Approving Your Slabs
Getting Ready for Templating and Installation
Plumbing / Electrics / Ply Woods And Other Services
For orders above £1,000 we require 50% of the total cost of the works, upon completion and client sign – off we require the further 50% to be paid in full.
If payments are not made in alignment to our T&C’s additional charges will occur.
Installation Instructions for Builders
● All cupboards should be levelled as far as possible.
● A metal bar (5mm thick) or wooden baton should be inserted at the front and back of the cupboard containing the hob cut-out and over-mounted sinks, onto which the material(s) can be glued, to provide extra support for the strip of material(s) at the front.
● Any void spaces for appliances should have a baton put on the wall at the back to support the back of the material(s).
● All worktops (temporary or laminate) should be removed and hobs/sinks/taps removed and disconnected ready for the material(s) to be placed on top.
● Access should be clear and the ground even to prevent injuries and breakage when the material(s) is being carried into the kitchen.
● The cupboards containing the sink and hob should have any impeding wood-trimmed back to accept the hob or sink.
● Under-mounted sinks should be supported with batons or shelves to take the weight of the sink when full of water.
● All cupboards should be firm and screwed to each other as well as the wall.
● Platforms for islands/peninsular should be securely built ready to accept the material(s) onto their surface. Supporting legs should be used where appropriate and screwed into this shelf.
● You or your authorised representative must be present to walk the templaters through your requirements when they first arrive.
● ALL CUPBOARDS MUST BE CLEARED AND OLD SINKS/HOBS/WORKTOPS REMOVED FOR TEMPLATING. You will be required to sign off that the templates meet your requirements and no claim will be accepted subsequently should you change your mind after fitting.
Failure to follow these instructions, or to provide at least one week’s notice of cancellation, may result in a cancellation and re-booking fee being levied if we are unable to complete the installation on the specified date.